The Developer dashboard shows the performance overview of your integration. We recommend that you use it for monitoring your integration's performance, for example to detect increased failure rates, and to take actions to fix errors.
Access the Developer dashboard
You must have one of the following user roles:
- Merchant admin
- Merchant technical integrator
In your Customer Area, go to Developers > Developer Dashboard.
Monitor your integration performance
- For API requests, the following endpoints are included:
- For webhooks, the following types are included:
- Account settings details
- Report details
For each of the following, you can select the time range and time interval:
Under Activity, you can get the number API requests from your server and webhooks that we sent to your server.
When you hold your cursor over a point of data on the graph, you can select it to go to the corresponding page for that time frame in your API logs.
Under Error, you can get a list of errors from your API requests and webhooks.
Each error in the list includes a link to the page in your Customer Area where you can troubleshoot the error. When you hold your cursor over a point of data on the graph, you can select it to go to the corresponding page for that time frame in your webhook event logs.
Get account and integration information
The Developer Dashboard also includes the following information in the side widgets:
- Live URL prefix: the URL prefix for the live URL where you send your API requests.
- Account info: the information that you used to set up your Adyen account. For example, the name of your business entity.
- Contacts: the names and email addresses of people in your organization. For example, the Customer Area account administrator.
We include links that can help you complete, maintain, and update your integration. For example, a link to Adyen's API reference.