Learn more about Giving on adyen.com.
With our Giving feature, you can give your shoppers the option to donate to a charity as part of your payment flow.
Donations can be made using many popular payment methods, and are settled directly to the charity's bank account.
How it works
Point of sale
Learn how Giving works in your store.
When accepting donations, you need to use a slightly different transaction flow:
- You make a payment for the goods or services that your shopper is purchasing. After the payment has completed, you present your shopper with the option to donate.
- If your shopper chooses to donate, you make an API call to initiate the donation. This donation is routed to the charity, and settled directly to their bank account.
Your shopper will see two separate charges on their bank statement, one for the payment, and one for the donation.
Onboarding with Giving
Before your charity can receive donations, they need to be onboarded with Giving.
You should approach your chosen charity and get their consent before beginning the onboarding process.
To begin the onboarding process, contact your Adyen Account Manager or our Support Team. They will:
- Handle the onboarding with the charity. The charity will get their own Customer Area account, where they can see an overview of donations, and handle any refunds and chargebacks.
- Enable Giving for your merchant account, and provide you with the
donationAccountfor the charity. This is an account name you need to provide with each donation.
Supported payment methods
Donations are supported for the following payment methods:
- Credit and debit cards: American Express, Bancontact, Cartes Bancaires, China UnionPay (ExpressPay/SecurePlus), Diners, Discover, JCB, Mastercard, Visa, Visa Debit.
Integrate the Giving feature
How do you want to integrate?