Set up your live account structure
- Create additional merchant accounts if needed for your business.
Give team members access to the live environment
- Create a separate user for each team member who needs to access your live Customer Area.
- Give each user the roles and account access required to perform their tasks.
- Set up system messages to be notified of important events such as chargebacks.
- Consider setting up two-factor authentication for increased account security.
Set up payment methods
Discover popular ways to pay with our payment methods explorer.
- Add all the payment methods that you want to offer to your shoppers.
- Make sure that payments appear correctly on the shopper's bank statement. To make any adjustments to the shopper statement, contact our Support Team.
Receive payouts from Adyen
- Add information about the bank accounts where you want to receive the payouts from Adyen, if you haven't done so as part of your application.
- Review and change how you get paid, if required.
Use reports for reconciliation
- Set up automatic generation of reports.
- Use the Settlement details report to reconcile your accounts on a transaction level.
- Consider automating your reconciliation process.
(Optional) Set up a Reserve
- Consider setting up a Reserve: this is used for refunds and other operational expenses in case of insufficient in-process funds.
Risk and compliance
To learn more about risk management with Adyen, sign up for one of our upcoming webinars.
By default, your Adyen account has a risk profile based on industry standards.
- Review and customize your risk profile.
- Set up system messages about Fraudulent Payments (NOF) and Chargebacks (NOC).
- Make sure that you know how risk rules are triggered by the information that you send in your payment request, such as shopperReference, shopperIP, or shopperEmail.
Note that for Visa and Mastercard, the enrollment for 3D Secure can take up to four days. This means that you might not be able to offer 3D Secure to your shoppers immediately after your live Customer Area has been activated.
- Configure your own rules for Dynamic 3D Secure, to have more control over which transactions are processed with 3D Secure.
- Make sure that you know how the 3D Secure flow is triggered by the information that you send in your payment request. For more information, refer to our 3D Secure integration guides.
Before you can make live API requests to Adyen, you need to:
- Generate an API key in your live Customer Area, and copy this to your live integration.
- Make sure your live API credentials have the required API permissions.
- Update the Adyen endpoints to your live endpoints.
- Set up notification webhooks in your live Customer Area.
- Make sure that you acknowledge any notification type with an
[accepted]response, to prevent notifications being queued.
- Make sure that you're receiving all notification types needed for your integration.
To make sure your integration can handle the entire payment lifecycle, you need to test possible scenarios with real payment details.
Payments with real details incur fees. To have enough funds available for refunds, consider setting up a Reserve.
- For each payment method that you offer, make a successful payment using real details.
- Make a payment with
resultCode: Refused, for example by entering incorrect card details.
- Make a payment with
refusalReason: FRAUD, by triggering multiple risk checks to achieve a risk score above 100.
- Make a refund, and a partial refund.
- If using manual capture, capture a payment.
- If using manual capture or a capture delay of 1-7 days, cancel a payment before it has been captured.
- If using multiple partial captures, capture a part of the authorised amount, and make sure that the remaining amount is not automatically cancelled.
Redirect payment methods
If you implemented any redirect payment methods, test the following scenarios:
- After being redirected, wait for more than five minutes to complete the payment.
- Select the Cancel/Back button on the redirected page, to cancel the payment.
- Close the browser when on the redirected page, to simulate the shopper abandoning the session.
- Make a successful payment with 3D Secure authentication, and verify that the flow that you chose to implement (either redirect or native 3D Secure 2) is triggered correctly.
- Make a 3D Secure payment where the shopper fails to complete the challenge.
- Make sure that 3D Secure is triggered correctly according to your risk settings (Dynamic 3D Secure and your risk profile).
If you implemented tokenization, follow the checklist below:
- Make sure that you receive the
recurringDetailReferencein your payment response.
- If you want to receive the
recurringDetailReferencein a notification webhook, contact our Support Team to enable the RECURRING_CONTRACT notifications.
- Create a token when making a payment.
- Use the token to make a payment.
- If you want to validate card details before processing payments, make a zero-auth transaction. If you implemented 3D Secure, also make a zero-auth transaction with 3D Secure.
Once you've completed the above checklist, you're ready to accept live payments!