Before you begin
Before you can add payment methods to your Adobe Commerce admin panel, you need to add payment methods to your Customer Area.
For a list of all payment methods supported by the plugin, refer to Supported payment methods.
Enable payment methods in Adobe Commerce
When you have added the payment methods to your Customer Area, enable payment methods in the Adobe Commerce admin panel in order to render the payment methods in your checkout.
- In your Adobe Commerce admin panel, go to Stores > Configuration.
- In the menu, go to Sales > Payment Methods.
- Select Configure next to Adyen Payments.
- Go to Accepting payments > Payment methods.
- Select Enable to retrieve and enable all payment methods you added in your Customer Area.
After you have retrieved all payment methods from your Customer Area, you can start accepting and processing payments.
Check the sections below to see if a payment methods has any optional or required additional configuration.
Optionally, you can configure additional settings for card payments:
|Show cardholder's name field in Checkout||Select Yes to allow shoppers to enter the cardholder's name during checkout.|
|Enable installments||Select Yes to enable installments for each credit card type. If you enable installments, you have to set up installments for each credit card.|
|Send level 2/3 additional data for credit card||Set Yes to send level 2/3 additional data for credit card payments.|
Credit card installments are available in a limited number of countries.
You can set up installment rules for each credit card type. Select Installments Setup and fill out the following fields:
|Minimum Amount||Set the minimum installment amount for each credit card type.|
|Number of Installments||Set the number of installments you want to offer for each credit card.|
|Allowed Credit Card Types||Set the credit card types that you want to allow installments for.|
|Action||Select to delete an installment rule.|
Alternative payment methods
|Apple Pay certificate||You need a certificate to enable Apple Pay payments. Select Download to download this certificate.|
|RatePay Device Ident Sld||Enter the unique RatePay ID provided by your RatePay integration consultant.|
|Refund strategy for gift card||If you accept gift card payments, you can set a refund strategy for cases when the gift card was used with another payment method to complete the payment. Possible values:
|ISO country code||Determine the payment methods shown to the shopper during checkout. By default, this depends on the billing address of the shopper, you can override it here.|
|Language locale||The language shown to the shopper during checkout. By default, this is the language of your shop in Adobe Commerce.|
|Boleto Types||Set to the Boleto payment method variant you selected in your Adyen Customer Area when adding Boleto.|
|Boleto Days for Delivery||The number of days to be added to the current date to set the delivery date.|
Optionally, you can configure settings to customize your checkout:
|Payment method rendering in checkout||Set to Logo if you want to display payment methods with their logo to your shoppers on the checkout page.|
|Checkout return path||Enter the path your shoppers will be returned to after being redirected to a payment page.|
|House number in checkout (address street field)||Select which address line to be used for your shoppers to input their house number.|
If you have a headless integration, you can configure the following settings:
|Payment Origin URL||By default, this is set to the Adobe Commerce store base URL. If you have a different URL for your front-end application, set to the origin URL of the page that you are loading the 3D Secure Component from.|
|Payment Return URL||The URL your shoppers are returned to after being redirected to complete a payment. The default value is YOUR_MAGENTO_BASE_URL/adyen/return.|
|Customer Success Redirect Path||The path to the success page your shoppers will be redirected to following a successful payment. If set, this will add the Order Increment ID as a query parameter. The default value is YOUR_MAGENTO_BASE_URL/checkout/onepage/success.|
To set up PayPal in your Adobe Commerce integration, follow the steps to set up PayPal.
You can also offer terminal payments for your customers for the endless aisle experience. An employee can place an order from the admin panel and send the payment to the selected terminal.
The plugin offers two types of admin orders:
Pay by Link
Pay by Link lets you create an order and send an Adyen payment link directly to the shopper in the order confirmation email. This option is available for orders created from the Adobe Commerce admin panel.
The orders created with Pay by Link are not finished until the shopper clicks the generated link and proceeds with the payment. If the shopper doesn't complete the payment, unfinished orders will be automatically closed by the plugin's cron.
Set up Pay by Link
To set up Pay by Link in the Adobe Commerce plugin:
- Under Admin Orders, fill out the following fields:
|Pay by Link enabled||Set to Yes to enable Pay by Link.|
|Pay by Link title||The title that indicates this payment method during checkout.|
|Default expiration days for Pay by Link||How many days a payment link should be active. You can override this value when creating the payment link.|
Create a payment link
After you have set up Pay by Link, you can start creating payment links for admin orders.
- In your Adobe Commerce Admin panel, go to Sales > Orders > Create New Order > Create New Customer (or select an existing customer).
- Select a store, and then Add Products.
- Select Adyen Pay By Link as the payment method.
- You can optionally enter a custom expiration date for this payment link.
To use MOTO, you need a MOTO merchant account. Follow these steps to request a merchant account.
After you create a MOTO merchant account, you can configure the MOTO payment method in your plugin.
- Under Admin Orders, fill out the following fields:
|MOTO enabled||Set to Yes to enable MOTO.|
|MOTO accounts||Enter the name of your MOTO merchant account, Client Key, and the API Key related to your MOTO merchant account. Select the Test or Live environment.|
We recommend that you clean your cache.
To test MOTO:
- In your Adobe Commerce admin panel, go to Sales > Orders.
- Select Create New Order > Create New Customer or select an existing customer.
- Select a store, then select Add Products.
- Choose Adyen MOTO from the payment method options.
To configure donations using Giving:
- In your Adobe Commerce Admin panel, go to Sales > Payment Methods.
- Under Adyen Giving, select Enable and fill out the following fields:
|Enabled||Select Yes to enable Giving.|
|Charity name||Name of the nonprofit displayed on the Adyen Giving component.|
|Charity merchant account||Adyen merchant account name for the nonprofit.|
|Suggested donation amounts||Suggested amounts that the shopper can donate using the order currency, separated by commas. The minimum amount is the equivalence of EUR 1 in your selected currency.|
|Background image||Background image of the Adyen Giving component.|
|Charity logo||Logo displayed on the Adyen Giving component.|
Watch how to configure Adyen Giving:
Test and go live with Giving
You must have the Merchant admin user role.
- In your test Customer Area, go to Settings > Account Settings.
- Under Giving, select the Online donations toggle to enable it.
- In your Adobe Commerce admin panel, use the test account MyCharity_Giving_TEST for Charity merchant account.
- Make test donations using our test cards.
When testing Visa payments, use the test card which has the security code as optional.
- Verify the outcome of your test donations in a Giving report or dashboard:
In your Customer Area, go to Reports > Giving Overview, which shows the successful donations the next day.
If an issue occurs with your test donation requests, you can find more details in the API logs.
- Contact your Adyen Account Manager or our Support Team and ask them to set up your live account for Giving, connecting it to the right nonprofit account.
- (Only if you have a manual integration) In your live Customer Area, enable the Adyen Giving merchant webhook.
- In your Adobe Commerce admin panel, use the account name that we give you after choosing your nonprofit for Charity merchant account.
- Verify the outcome of live donations by either: