On this page, you can find additional configuration for adding Atome to your Components integration.
Before you begin
Before starting your integration:
- Make sure you've built a Components integration.
- Contact our Support Team to add Atome in your test Customer Area.
When making an Atome payment, you also need to:
- Collect shopper details, and specify these in your payment request. Atome uses these for risk checks.
- Provide information about the purchased items.
- Make sure you use a supported combination of country and currency.
Select which endpoint you're integrating:
This is the default with Components v5.0.0 or later.
|The shopper's full name.
|The shopper's email address.
|The shopper's phone number.
|The postal address to be included on the invoice.
|Price and product information about the purchased items.
|The postal address where the goods will be shipped. Optional if
deliveryAddress are the same.
v5.0.0 or later
If your integration uses iOS Components v5.0.0 or later, configure and create an instance of the Atome Component:
If your integration uses an earlier version of iOS Components:
There are no configuration steps specific to Atome required for Components.
Refunds and cancellations
- amount: The amount to be refunded to the shopper.
Test and go live
To test Atome payments, you need a test shopper account in the Atome sandbox environment. To request a test account, reach out to your Adyen contact. If you are testing in multiple countries, use a different test account for each country.
To test the QR code flow, download one of the following test apps:
For Malaysia (MY)
For Singapore (SG)
You can check the status of test payments in your Customer Area > Transactions > Payments.
To accept live Atome payments, you must contact our Support Team to add Atome in your live Customer Area.