On this page, you can find additional configuration for adding gift cards to your Drop-in integration.
Before you begin
This page assumes you've already:
- Built a Drop-in integration.
- Added each gift card variant that you want to test in your Customer Area.
You don't need to send additional fields for gift cards. To see optional fields that you can send for all payment methods, choose the endpoint you integrated:
- /sessions: This is the default with Drop-in v5.0.0 or later.
- /payments: If you implemented an additional use case.
Select which endpoint you're integrating:
(Optional) Customize logos
You can specify a custom logo for a gift card brand when creating a configuration object. This example shows a custom icon for Plastix:
Test and go live
Before making live gift card payments, simulate transactions:
Test your integration using our test card numbers depending on your gift card provider. When testing, you use a simulator that tries to behave and respond in the same way as an end-to-end connection.
To simulate a scenario, send one of the following amounts in the test payment request:
For example, send a payment amount with 100 as the last three digits, such as 1.00 or 11.00. This will result in an Authorised transaction.
Amount (last three digits)
100 Authorised 123 Refused Refused 124 Refused Not enough balance 125 Refused Blocked Card 126 Refused Expired Card 130 Error Acquirer Error 134 Refused Invalid Pin 135 Refused Pin tries exceeded
- Check the status of test payments in your test Customer Area > Transactions > Payments.
When you are ready to go live:
- Onboard with a gift card provider and add the gift card variant to your live Customer Area.
Contact our Support Team to add the gift card to your live Customer Area.
You can test end-to-end scenarios in your live environment using real gift card details and small amounts.