Learn more about pricing and supported countries for Klarna on adyen.com.
Klarna payments are popular in Sweden, and are also available in some other countries. With Klarna, the shopper can choose to:
- Pay later: Pay after the goods have been delivered.
- Pay over time: Pay in installments over time.
- Pay now: Pay the whole amount instantly, either by online banking or direct debit.
Before approving the payment, Klarna performs risk checks on the shopper. If successful, Klarna takes on the full fraud risk for the payment, and pays you up front.
|Payment type||Payment flow||Countries||Currencies||Recurring||Refunds||Partial refunds||Separate captures||Partial captures||Chargebacks|
|Buy Now Pay Later,
See note 1
See note 2
1 For information about the availability of recurring payments, refer to Klarna documentation.
2 Klarna is a guaranteed payment method as long as you comply with the scheme rules and your business model contains physical goods. Read more about our Klarna dispute guidelines here.
All Klarna payments have to be manually captured within 28 days after authorisation, even if you have enabled automatic capture for other payment methods on your merchant account.
If you can guarantee that the goods are shipped within 24 hours of capturing the payment, our Support Team can also set up automatic capture for Klarna payments.
||Pay now||Pay later||Pay over time|
Klarna Merchant Portal
You'll get access to the Klarna Merchant Portal. When you request Klarna to be added to your payment methods, our Support Team makes sure that your merchant account is linked to your Klarna account. You'll receive an activation email on the address that you provide to Adyen. Klarna provides you with a user manual.
In the Klarna Merchant Portal, you'll have access to the following Klarna Apps:
- Users App: You'll get one admin user, but you can add users to the Klarna Merchant Portal and manage their permissions.
- Orders App: View and manage Klarna orders.
- Branding App: Manage how your brand assets are displayed on Klarna’s customer touch points.
- On-Site Messaging App: Manage how you communicate the different Klarna payment options to your customer.
For more information, see our FAQ.
How do you want to integrate?
Use our pre-built UI solutions to add Klarna to your website.
Use our pre-built UI solutions to add Klarna to your iOS app.
Use our pre-built UI solutions to add Klarna to your Android app.
Build your own UI for Klarna in your website, iOS, or Android app.
Pay by Link
Add Klarna to your payment methods, and use the Pay by Link API to create payment links.