Accept PaySafeCard payments using our APIs, and build your own payment form to have full control over the look and feel of your checkout page.
Before you begin
These instructions explain how to add PaySafeCard to your existing API-only integration. The API-only integration works the same way for all payment methods. If you haven't done this integration yet, refer to our API-only integration guide.
Before starting your PaySafeCard integration:
- Make sure that you have set up your back end implementation.
- Add PaySafeCard in your test Customer Area.
Build your payment form for PaySafeCard
Include PaySafeCard in the list of available payment methods. You don't need to collect any information from the shopper in your payment form.
We provide logos for PaySafeCard and the issuing banks, which you can use on your payment form. For more information, refer to Downloading logos.
In your /paymentMethods request, specify:
- countryCode: Any supported country, for example DE.
- amount.currency: Any supported currency, for example EUR.
- amount.value: The value of the payment.
The response contains
Make a payment
In your /payments request, specify:
- shopperReference: Your reference to uniquely identify this shopper, for example user ID or account ID.
The /payments response contains an
action object with the information needed to redirect the shopper.
Handle the redirect
- To complete the payment, redirect the shopper to the
action.urlreturned in the /payments response.
After the shopper is redirected back to your website, check the payment result by making a POST /payments/details request, specifying:
details: Object that contains the URL-decoded
redirectResultreturned when the shopper was redirected back to your site.
You receive a response containing:
resultCode: Use this to present the result to your shopper.
pspReference: Our unique identifier for the transaction.
Test and go live
Before you go live, test your integration using the following credentials:
- 16-digit code: 0000 0000 0990 3417
Check the status of test payments in your Customer Area > Transactions > Payments.
Before you can accept live payments, contact our Support Team to add PaySafeCard in your live Customer Area.