This page is for the classic Hosted Payment Pages (HPP) integration, which is deprecated.
This means we are:
- No longer developing the HPP integration.
- Not accepting new HPP integrations.
After a payment has been submitted via HPP and it has been authorised, you need to define the next steps in the transactions. A payment can go through different states, depending on the actions that are performed.
These are the available payment states in the Adyen payments platform:
Payments transition from a state to another through modifications, i.e. actions that affect the current state of the payment. These modifications are:
- Cancel. Cancels the payment before any funds are transferred from the shopper to the merchant.
- Capture. Captures (partially) the amount that was authorised for the payment. This modification will transfer the funds from the shopper to the merchant's bank account.
- Refund. Returns the funds from the merchant to the shopper, after the transaction was already captured.
Depending on the current state of a payment, these modifications are available in the Adyen Customer Area (CA), under the page displaying the details of a payment.
If you process more than a handful of payments daily, we recommend automating payment modifications by making calls to our API and by using our payment web service.