With our Tap to Pay on iPhone solution you can accept contactless in-person payments using an iPhone as the payment interface, and process these payments on the plataforma de pagamentos da Adyen.
For this solution you need to integrate the Adyen POS Mobile SDK for iOS into your iOS POS app.
- The backend integration of your POS app with Terminal API is described in other sections of our documentation.
- Here, we describe the client-side integration of enabling your POS app to make Tap to Pay on iPhone transactions using our SDK.
Before you start
- Get in touch with your Adyen contact and sign the contract addendum that specifies the terms and conditions for the use of Tap to Pay.
- Backend integration: make sure your POS app is integrated with our Terminal API.
- To test Tap to Pay in our test environment, create a Sandbox Apple ID.
- Check the requirements. Specifically:
- Xcode version 14.1 or later
- An iPhone Xs or later with iOS version 15.5 or later
- Optionally have a look at these resources for Tap to Pay on iPhone:
How it works
This is how the solution's components work together:
- Your iOS POS app creates a Terminal API payment request.
- The POS app passes the payment request to the Adyen POS Mobile SDK for iOS.
- The SDK passes the request to the Tap to Pay on iPhone component.
- The customer completes the payment by tapping their card or mobile device on the iPhone.
- The SDK passes the Terminal API payment response to the POS app.
Steps to build the solution
To set up the Tap to Pay on iPhone solution:
- Get an entitlement from Apple for Tap to Pay on iPhone.
- Add the SDK to your POS app.
- Add code to make transactions from your POS app using the Adyen SDK.
- Implement UI guidelines from Apple for presenting the Tap to Pay screen.