With our Tap to Pay on Android solution you can accept contactless in-person payments using an Android mobile device as the payment interface, and process these payments on the plataforma de pagamentos da Adyen.
For this solution you need to integrate the Adyen POS Mobile SDK for Android into your Android POS app.
- The backend integration of your POS app with Terminal API is described in other sections of our documentation.
- Here, we describe the client-side integration of enabling your POS app to make Tap to Pay transactions using our SDK.
Before you start
- Ask our Support Team to configure your account for using the Adyen POS Mobile SDK for Android.
- Backend integration: make sure your Android POS app is integrated with our Terminal API.
If your credential doesn't already have a client key, create one as follows:
- Log in to your Customer Area.
- Go to Developers > API credentials, and select the credential username for your integration, for example ws@Company.[YourCompanyAccount].
- Under Client settings > Authentication select the Client key tab.
- Select Generate client key.
- Select Save changes.
The client key is part of the setup but you won't need to use it in your integration later. Therefore, you don't need to specify allowed origins, and you don't need to store the key in your system.
- Note the requirements for end users:
- The POS app, with the SDK integrated into it, installed on their mobile device (smartphone or tablet).
- The mobile device must have:
- Android version 11 updated to the latest security patch. The minimum required security patch is the one for March 5th 2022.
- NFC reader
How it works
This is how the solution's components work together:
- Your Android POS app creates a Terminal API payment request, or receives a Terminal API payment request from your backend.
- The POS app passes the payment request to the Adyen POS Mobile SDK.
- The customer completes the payment by tapping their card or mobile device on the NFC reader of the phone or tablet.
- The SDK passes the Terminal API payment response to the POS app.
Steps to build the solution
To set up the Tap to Pay on Android solution: