There are a number of ways to cancel or refund a transaction, depending on its state:
- Refund a balance to a card - Use this to perform a refund on the terminal. This is an unreferenced refund.
- Cancel an ongoing transaction - Use this to cancel a transaction that is currently being processed on your payment terminal.
- Cancel or Refund a completed transaction from the terminal transaction list - Use this to cancel or refund a transaction from the terminal transaction list, and receive a receipt on the POS or on the PED.
- Cancel or Refund a transaction directly from a POS to the Adyen Payments Platform - Use this to cancel a transaction that has already processed from your POS to the plataforma de pagamentos da Adyen.
- Partially refund a balance - Use this to refund a partial amount to a card. This is a referenced partial refund.