Learn more about PayPal on paypal.com.
​PayPal is an online payment service that lets shoppers use their PayPal account to make online purchases. Shoppers store their credit or debit cards in their PayPal account, and then use that account to pay online and in-store.
The following table provides more details about payment types, flows, etc.
|Payment type||Payment flow||Countries||Currencies||Recurring||Refunds||Partial refunds||Separate captures1||Partial captures||Chargebacks2|
Redirect (iOS, Android)
Before you choose the integration type
Note that our online payments PayPal solution supports two integration types depending on the channel:
- Direct payment flow. Recommended for new Web integrations.
- Present a PayPal Smart Payment Button to shoppers in your payment form in all countries and web browsers supported by PayPal.
- From Web Drop-in and Components v 3.7.0 and later, we support the following Smart Payment Buttons:
- PayPal payment
- PayPal Credit
- PayPal PayLater
- iOS and Android
- Redirect payment flow. Required for mobile integrations.
- Present a PayPal payment button in your Android or iOS app for all countries and mobile browsers supported by PayPal.
We recommend that you use the latest version of the Checkout API for both web and mobile integrations.