There are a number of ways to cancel or refund a transaction, depending on its state:
- Refund a balance to a card - Use this to perform an unreferenced refund on the terminal.
- Refund a transaction from the PED - Use this to cancel or refund a transaction from the terminal transaction list, and receive a receipt on the POS or on the PED.
- Refund a transaction from the POS - Use this to cancel a transaction that has already processed from your POS to the Adyen payments platform.
- Cancel a transaction - Use this to cancel a transaction that is currently being processed on your payment terminal.
- Partially refund a balance - Use this to refund a partial amount to a card. This is a referenced partial refund.