Board a terminal to register and use it with the Adyen payments platform.
Before you begin
- Board the terminal only after successfully connecting the device to the internet, and performing a device security inspection. For more information, see the quick start guide.
- After you install the iOS device into the e315 terminal, power on both the devices.
- In the iOS App, log in using your API credentials.
- Tap the options menu button in the top right.
- Tap Payment Device.
- Under the Payment Device list, the e315 appears as PAYWare Mobile Reader and is shown as Not boarded.
- In the device list, select PAYWare Mobile Reader to board the terminal.
- The e315 reboots automatically during this process.
- After the reboot is complete, select the "ready for use" Payware Mobile Reader.
- The terminal is boarded and ready to use.
If no PAYWare Mobile Reader is shown
If no PAYWare Mobile Reader is available in the Adyen App or if you detect in your integration that the device count is 0, that means the Made for iPhone (MFI) connection is not working properly.
To fix this issue or find the cause:
Press and hold the Cancel key to restart the e315. If restarting didn't solve the issue, go to the next step.
Physically separate the iOS device and the e315 and put them back together. If this didn't solve the issue, go to the next step.
- Check which device causes the issue:
Connect the iOS device to a different e315 terminal, and connect the original e315 to a different iOS device.
Replace the device that causes the MFI connection issue. It's also possible that the issue is caused by both devices or the combination of these two specific devices.