An Android payment terminal is a mobile, multi-purpose device that is capable of running Android apps. Like any other Adyen payment terminal, it supports accepting payments on the Adyen payments platform.
By deploying your own apps or third-party apps on the terminal, you can turn it into an all-in-one device. For example, install apps so that you can operate the cash register, check what's in stock, update the inventory, check the shopper's previous orders, and run your loyalty program from the same device that you use for accepting payments.
We offer the following Android terminal models:
- S1E: A battery-powered mobile terminal running Android 7.1. It has Wi-Fi and 3G/4G connectivity, and a camera. You can choose between the standard model and a model with a built-in barcode scanner and an extended battery.
- S1F2: A battery-powered portable terminal running Android 9. It has Wi-Fi and 3G/4G connectivity, a camera, and a built-in printer.
Android terminals are a recent addition to our offering. They currently support the following features:
- Credit and debit card payments (all major card schemes)
- QR code and NFC wallet payments
- Gift card payments
- Application selection
- Cancelling an in-progress payment
- Dynamic Currency Conversion (DCC)
- Mail Order/Telephone Order (MOTO) payments
- Manually keyed-in (MKE) payments
- Offline payments, both EMV and Store and Forward
- Pay by Link
- Printing outside of a payment
- Refunds, both referenced and unreferenced
- Standalone use
Note that when used as a standalone terminal, the following features are NOT supported yet:
MKE, MOTO, custom merchant reference, gift card payments, bypassing PIN, bypassing AID priority.