New shopper inputs
On terminals that support the Terminal API except the MX925 terminal, you can now:
- Ask the shopper to enter text on the terminal. For example, to supply their email address or phone number.
- Ask the shopper to select options from a menu. For example, to do a survey via the terminal.
Improved card acquisition flow for contactless cards
When you acquire card details before making a payment request, you can specify an amount. If it is the same as the amount in the payment request, a shopper using a contactless card needs to tap their card only once. Otherwise, they will need to tap their card twice: once for the card details and again for the payment.
Set default tender options
It is now possible to set default tender options. The terminal will then use these options for every payment. Ask the POS Support Team to configure this for you.
For dual-branded magstripe cards we now support brand selection. This is required in Hong Kong for China UnionPay (CUP) cards.
Downloading firmware in the background
The terminal can now download new firmware in the background while an internet connection is available. The firmware will install later when the terminal reboots at the configured restart hour. Ask the POS Support Team to configure this for you.
- After boarding, the terminal doesn't always automatically reboot.
- In rare cases, the payment submethod (for example, Visa Electron) is incorrect either in the card acquisition response or in the payment response for the same transaction.
- In the additional data, incorrect DCC values are shown.
- When using an SVS gift card, the shopper is prompted for the expiry date.
- It isn't possible to configure the static IP address on the e285 terminal.