First solution: Increase signal area
First, check the current signal strength:
- Press the 9 + green and Enter the admin PIN code. If you don't know this code, you can learn how to retrieve it in our POS Troubleshooting section.
- Press Network > Cellular/gprs > Cellular settings > Signal (the strength is displayed in %).
- Walk around the area you are in, and make sure there are no walls around you.
- Walk outside to see if the signal strength increases.
- Make sure you are not in an area that could block the signal such as a cellar or a bunker.
Look closely at the signal precentage while you walk around to see if it increases. If this does not increase, proceed to the next solution.
If you want 3G or 4G but the terminal keeps connecting to Wi-Fi, then you have both options enabled and the Wi-Fi signal is stronger. To use 3G or 4G, disable Wi-Fi. You can also ask our support to prioritze 3g/4g over WiFi by requesting this in an email.
Second solution: Check if the SIM card is inserted correctly
You should only remove a SIM card from a LIVE device if you see that there is a problem. Doing so will automatically place the terminal in inventory, and our Support then needs to manually enable the SIM card again.
- Remove the back panel from the terminal.
- Check to see if the SIM card is in the middle slot or inserted incorrectly.
- If there is a noticeable issue, take the SIM card out.
- Insert the SIM card again, and make sure it's inserted as instructed in the terminal's Verifone user manual.
- If this is a LIVE terminal, then contact Support to reactivate the SIM.
Advanced solution: Determine if 3G/4G has been enabled on your Merchant Account
When receiving the terminal from Adyen, our employees should have enabled 3G/4G in your Merchant Account for this terminal if that has been specified in your agreement. If this has not been enabled, the connection will not work.
Check with our POS Support team to make sure this setting is enabled.